Enjoy our most popular tour that lets you explore the beautiful fishing village of Yelapa! Discover waterfalls and savour delicious local food!
Quimixto Waterfall & Los Arcos Islands Tour
Quimixto Village Tour from Puerto Vallarta
Quimixto, with a population of 428, is a tiny fishing village located south of Puerto Vallarta before Yelapa. Life is much slower here. You won’t find many restaurants, tourists, or cars either since donkeys are the main form of transportation. But it is here that you’ll genuinely discover a little slice of heaven.
One option at Quimixto is visiting a beautiful waterfall located just a half-hour hike up the river. You can either hike or pay for a donkey to ride up a rustic path! Both ways take approximately the same time and have beautiful views along the journey.
Once you reach the waterfall, have an optional meal at the delicious restaurant. The food is simple, well-executed, and genuinely delicious. While waiting for your food and margarita, you can dip in the refreshing waterfall pool, or if you are feeling daring, slide down the natural rock slide.
If you want to see more of Quimixto, add an hour or two to your trip at checkout or during your tour, and you can explore more waterfalls, have more beach time, go horseback riding on the beach or snorkel at a different spot! From there, it’s off to Los Arcos for some of the best snorkeling!
Ready to book? Select your boat, then the tour option, and customize.
- Secluded beaches
- Snorkel at Los Arcos
- Walk or donkey ride to Quimixto waterfall ($300 MXP or $20 USD/person cost to rent donkey paid in cash to operators – includes tip)
- Mexican moonshine tasting
- Lunch at the waterfall or on Quimixto Beach (food and drinks is not included)
- Free photos & videos
- Guide & captain
- Private boat
- Panga Plus – 5 hours
- Panga Lux – 5 hours
- Cris Craft – 6 to 7 hours
- 48′ Sea Ray Lux – 8 hours
- Catamaran Fiesta – 6 to 7 hours
- 40′ Luxury Catamaran – 6 to 7 hours
- Luxury Tritoon – 6 to 7 hours
- Sailboat – 6 to 7 hours
- 60′ My Christopher Yacht – 6 to 7 hours
- Super Sea Ray Lux – 6 to 7 hours
- Sea Ray Lux 55′ – 6 to 7 hours
- Azimut 46′ – 6 to 7 hours
- Bar Co 46′ – 6 to 7 hours
- Prestige 65′ – 6 to 7 hours
- 44′ LuLu Cruiser – 6 to 7 hours
- Captain and local guide
- Photos and videos
- Bluetooth speakers
- Snorkelling gear (no fins)
- Water ice and coolers so you can bring what you like.
Yachts – Open bar and 4 different custom menus to choose from
*The menu can be customized for your group to accommodate tastes and dietary concerns
Panga tours we supply bottled water, ice and coolers so you can bring what you like – feel free to ask us about directions to stores near your departure dock
We can depart from:
Each different boat has a free departure depending on where it lives, other docks have a fee to leave from the price depending on the boat.
Some departures have extra fees paid in cash the day of the tour, you will be made aware when you book.
Book online and pay with your credit card
We also accept cash app, ApplePay and Zelle
At least a 50% deposit is required for reservations
Shortly after booking you will receive a confirmation e-mail on where to meet, what to bring, what to expect etc. That you can share with your group.